A leading global food corporation, our client is on a mission to feed the world through their work in the supply chain.
Given the complex nature and sensitive topics that are part of the food supply chain, this global food corporation can face, at times, negative sentiment from both the public and their own B2B customers.
In the past, this global food corporation addressed these concerns reactively rather than proactively. This resulted in the negative public perception that had potential business implications. To combat this cycle, this global food corporation set its sights on executing a proactive awareness-driven media campaign to highlight the work they were doing to improve the Sustainable Cocoa supply chain.
For this initiative, the global food corporation published an annual report — the cocoa-specific progress report — that gives key stakeholders a summary of the respective industries, inclusive of important topics such as child labor and deforestation. The report also emphasizes how the global food corporation is working with the farming communities on said topics.
Ahead of the release of the latest report, the global food corporation partnered with Collective Measures (CM) to support the corporation’s first awareness-driven media campaigns focused on the sustainability report and share the stories of the work the corporation was doing in affected communities with its target audiences.
We created an awareness-driven media plan to showcase the sustainability work the global food corporation was doing to improve the cocoa community.
While complementing other earned and owned media efforts in-market, the objectives of Collective Measures’ awareness-driven media campaign were twofold:
- Increase awareness of the corporation’s sustainability efforts
- Drive engagements among target audiences — cocoa growers in Africa and B2B buyers globally — with this global food corporation’s relevant cocoa content
To achieve these objectives, Collective Measures took an audience-first approach to developing an awareness-driven media plan that would resonate with both cocoa growers in Africa and B2B buyers globally. To drive qualified traffic to the designated landing pages and encourage engagement with the content, Collective Measures recommended investing in engagement-driving channels such as Facebook and LinkedIn. To reduce the visibility of the content with B2B audiences that would critique or speak negatively of our client and to ensure the most relevant B2B audiences were reached across the globe, Collective Measures made purposeful targeting decisions. For example, the team layered in priority B2B cocoa buyers in specific roles/job titles and key organizational or government partners such as Save the Children or the U.S. Department of Labor.
The campaign results surpassed industry standards.
During the first three months of the Cocoa Sustainability campaign, Collective Measures achieved impressive results, including:
- Across both Facebook and LinkedIn, the campaign averaged a 1.3% CTR, exceeding industry benchmarks by 74% and resulting in over 235,000 clicks to the campaign landing page
- Audiences on both Facebook and LinkedIn achieved over 60% in reach, beating industry benchmarks
- Our highly purposeful audience targeting on LinkedIn produced the highest conversion rate of 1.29%. The B2B audience targeting that Collective Measures executed exceeded our client’s expectations
- Once on site, audiences generated over 3,800 video views that highlighted stories from cocoa communities
- The campaign maintained neutral and positive sentiment in terms of ad engagement, indicating the content was resonating with audiences as intended